With the holiday season approaching fast, it’s time to consider how we can up our action sports game. Whether you’re a hiker, skier or runner, it’s always nice to get some new gear. No matter your sport, these seven action sports gadgets are sure to improve your active lifestyle.
– Tough but well ventilated design.
– Full protection while keeping a sleek look.
– Well insulated earpieces for the best audio quality.
Compatibility with smartphones to control your music and take calls.
Priced at $168, you can stay safe on the slopes and listen to your favorite music at the same time.
If you don’t already have an action cam, now is a great time to buy. The GoPro HERO6 Black is packed with an impressive list of features. With it, you can create amazing videos of your best accomplishments in better quality than ever.
GoPro has been releasing some of the best action cams on the market since their original camera. Here are some of the HERO6 Black’s features:
– 4K video recording at 60 frames per second.
– 240 frames per second slow motion, which is slow enough to play back at one-eighth speed.
– H.265 video encoding. This allows the HERO6 Black to capture great quality while saving space.
The HERO6 Black is GoPro’s flagship camera. Priced at $499, you are getting the best action camera money can buy.
– AirEvac ventilation to keep the goggles from fogging up.
– An easy quick-release system for the lens.
– A large spherical lens for the greatest clarity and field of view.
You can get yourself a Smith I/O7 for $225.
When you’re out and about, running out of charge is a common, and annoying problem. You’re stuck unable to make a call or take a picture if your phone’s charge doesn’t last long enough.
The Anker PowerCore+ 20100 is the solution to this problem. No longer will you run out of charge in the middle of the day with no outlet available.
– 20100 mAh battery can charge an iPhone 7 nearly seven times.
– Fully recharges in 10 hours.
– Provides enough power to charge multiple devices at once.
– Built-in surge protection.
The PowerCore+ costs $39.99 and keeps your devices charged all day. Just remember to always pay attention to the weather when you go out to avoid damage to your phone and portable charger.
If you’re a serious athlete, you need the best gear. The Suunto Ambit3 Peak HR is a premium fitness tracker packed with loads of features:
– Altimeter and barometer to measure altitude and atmospheric pressure.
– Storm alert system to notify you before bad weather hits.
– GPS Navigation system.
– Clock with a variety of functions such as the stopwatch, alarm and countdown timer.
– Heart rate monitor.
– Highly durable build quality.
If you’re a hardcore athlete, the Ambit3 fitness tracker is all you need to keep tabs on your athletic achievements. For $314.99, you can track your progress with ease with the Suunto Ambit3.
RunScribe is a small device that attaches to each of your shoes. When attached, the devices start tracking data about your running habits. Let’s take a look at what they can do to improve your running:
– Provides lots of data about each run, as well as historical information to see your progress.
– Tells you personal data about your running style, such as how much shock your feet are taking.
– Connects to your phone via Bluetooth, but also works without your phone.
– Allows you to compare your statistics to the RunScribe community to get a gauge of your progress.
RunScribe is a great tool to track your running progress. You can get it for $249.
– Wireless audio through Bluetooth.
– 10 hours of battery life.
– Buttons on each earpiece to control music or make calls.
For $130, you can put great sounding audio into any helmet.
Rad's top 10 action sports, adventure events and music festivals in 2019 and 2020