1. 1. Purpose of Policy
2. 2. Collection of your personal information
The type of information that we collect and hold about you depends on the type of dealings you have with us. For example, when you fill out a contact form, we need to know your name and email address. If you are an event organiser and are listing an event, we need to know your contact details and also the address of the event.
3. How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a lawful way that complies with the Privacy Act.
Information may be collected from you by:
- Direct email – if you have correspondence with us (Rad Season) or any of our partnering events
Over the telephone
- Through written communications
- When you complete forms or submit information on our site
- From third parties, such as outlets that choose to advertise with
- Our social networks (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google +, Tumblr, Youtube, Vimeo etc)
- From our own records, of your use of our service
4. 4. Why do we collect, hold, use and/or disclose your personal information
The main purposes for which we would collect, hold, use and/or disclose personal information are:
- To identify you and verify your identity
- To communicate with you about our business
- To contact you occasionally with critical user information or service updates
- To assist our partners that you are dealing with through . For example, we need to pass on personal information from users, such as contact details, to event organisers, tour operators and vendors so that you are able to book/arrange event, activity and tour packages.
- To customise, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- To tailor the site based on demographic and consumer trends
If you choose to send a message and contact one of our partners on the site, your personal information, including your email address and any other information you supply will be visible to that partner so that they can reply directly to you. Enquiries sent via the site are also available for review to a limited number of people at Rad Season.
We may de-identify and aggregate your personal information for our own statistical purposes. Provided that it remains de-identified (i.e. anonymous), we may disclose that aggregated information to third parties or use it for marketing or research purposes.
5. Who do we disclose your personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information or data to enforce our policies or where we are permitted to do so by applicable law, such as in response to a valid legally-compliant request by a law enforcement or governmental authority, or in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights of interest.
We may also share your information with:
- Event organisers, vendors, activity and tour operators that you have opted to contact
- Any third party you have asked us to share your personal data with – such as Facebook if you have asked us to connect with your Facebook account
- Any contracted services providers we engage, including/;
- Information technology services
- Marketing and communications agencies
- Printers and distributors or direct marketing materials
- External business advisors such as auditor, lawyers
6. Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security purposes.
7. Website security
Rad Season implements measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including:
- Mandatory password protection on all computers (changed regularly)
- Secure hard copy document, electronic storage and hardware disposal procedures
- Firewall and antivirus/malware software
- Training and internal policies
While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.