Come and experience the ultimate test of body and mind! Hailed as one of the toughest obstacle courses, the 3rd edition of Red Bull Levels returns to the deep South Coast of Mirissa Beach on February 25th, 2017. This totally unique opportunity allows teams of 4 to compete in an obstacle course that brings to […]Red Bull Levels 2017 Mirissa Sri Lanka
Hailed as one of the toughest obstacle courses, the 3rd edition of Red Bull Levels returns to the deep South Coast of Mirissa Beach on February 25th, 2017. This totally unique opportunity allows teams of 4 to compete in an obstacle course that brings to light two native trades – stilt fishing and toddy tapping.
100 teams of daredevils will take on the waves and sunshine as they compete against each other in 5 knockout rounds for the race title, trophy and prize money of Rs. 600,000 – not to mention bragging rights.
Think you have what it takes? Apply to race now!
• The obstacle course will consist of six stilts of different heights – 4ft, 6ft, 8ft, 10ft, 12ft and 15ft
• These stilts will be connected by tightropes, similar to toddy tapping
• All team members will be required to make their way from one stilt to another, walking on ropes.
• At each stilt, the player must remove a fishing pole out of the bag, which will have a marker attached to the bottom of the line.
• The marker must touch the water in order for the fishing task to result in completion.
• The fishing task will complete when the fishing pole and the marker are placed back in the fishing bag.
• Teams will qualify to the next round through a timed-knockout elimination format
•Round 1 – 100 teams – one stilt – four minutes
•Round 2 – 50 teams – two stilts – six minutes
•Round 3 – 24 teams – three stilts – eight minutes
•Round 4 – 12 teams – four stilts – 10 minutes
•Round 5 – eight teams – five stilts – 12 minutes
•Round 6 – four teams – six stilts – 14 minutes
• Four identical obstacle courses will be set up at the venue for four teams to compete simultaneously
• Total winning prize money will be equal to Rs 600,000.
Highlights from Red Bull Levels 2016 below:
For more information head to Red Bull Levels
The best and most unique action sports and adventure events in Sri Lanka
Rad Season is providing you with hotels and Airbnbs at the lowest prices available online. Book your stay for Red Bull Levels 2017 using the map below!