Quiksilver Pro hitting the Gold Coast in April 2019 The first stop on the Men’s Surfing Championship Tour 2019. Every year the WSL’s best surfers amass on the Gold Coast of Australia for the Quiksilver Pro in anticipation to the start of the season. Held at iconic Snapper Rocks, the contest serves as an exhibition […]Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast 2019 Coolangatta, QLD, Australia Gold Coast QLD Australia
The first stop on the Men’s Surfing Championship Tour 2019. Every year the WSL’s best surfers amass on the Gold Coast of Australia for the Quiksilver Pro in anticipation to the start of the season.
Held at iconic Snapper Rocks, the contest serves as an exhibition of state-of-the-art, high-performance surfing. It’s also a hell of a good time. And with Duranbah Beach right over the hill and Byron Bay (also home of the Bluesfest music festival) about an hour’s drive away, there are ample options for more civilian surf. Numerous sponsor parties and nightlife activities on the schedule ensure there’s plenty to do when the sun goes down.
Check out the action from the Quiksilver Pro 2018 final below Julian Wilson vs Adrian Buchan:
The nearest accommodation to Coolangatta Beach is the Greenmount Beach Resort. Other nearby accommodations include Bella Mare Apartments, Sunset Strip Condominium, Bayview Rainbow Bay Condominium, Eden Tower Condominium, and Komune Resort Hostel.
There are plenty of hotels near the beachfront, you won’t have a hard time finding a place to stay near by in the surrounding neighbourhoods.
Head to the map below for all the hotel deals and Airbnb’s in Coolangatta.
Getting around Gold Coast is very convenient. There are buses, trains, trams, community transport, taxis, ferries and boats all over the city. You can ride the Queensland Rail or the G: Light Rail System to get around any part of Queensland.
The Gold Coast is a beautiful part of Australia known for its long golden beaches
1. Queensland is full of beautiful beaches lined up within their beach coast. Aside from swimming, there are also other water activities you can do such as surfing, windsurfing and kite surfing.
2. Go sightseeing. Visit the Captain Cook Memorial and Lighthouse, Point Danger, and Snapper Rocks.
3. Enjoy a relaxing day at the many spa around Marine Parade – Atlantis Rising Healing Centre, Coolangatta Thai Massage, OmSari Spa, Twin Towns Thai Remedial Massage, or the Holistic Massage Therapies.
4. Visit the Australia Zoo on the Sunshine Coast
5. Tenpin Bowling in Coolangatta, and the myriad of art galleries around Coolangatta and Tweed Heads.
The Gold Coast Pro will be held from April 3 – 13, 2019.
Quicksilver Pro Gold Coast is a world class surfing event in Australia that cannot be missed.
Rad Season is providing you with hotels and Airbnbs at the lowest prices available online. Book your stay for Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast 2019 using the map below!
The best and most unique action sports and adventure events in Australia